out of left feild question.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
has anyone kept a wallago attu with there gars? i happen to have one now and i was pondering how they would work.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
from what little i know of the wallago cats is they are active predetors. they might work with an alligator, but ide fear for something as docile generally as floridas are.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I think if he was hungry or possibly bored maybe.. ide only chance it if i wasnt overly attached to its potential tankmates.. ide prolly give it as much respect as i would an asian redtail. catfish have always surprized me with their intelligence in general, so predetory cats.. yeah.. lol. youd prolly get better info from the cat guys.. thought tbh your the first person ive read with one lately.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i have a thread in the cat section and thats why this is an out of left field(just noticed i spelled it wrong in the title) question. i was hoping that some one on here has one and some gars with it. i only know of a few people with one and only arapimag with a recent comment about theirs.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Don't do it.

Catfishes, especially the highly aggressive ones, don't mix well with gars in almost all cases.
exactly. this is a simple answer to the question. don't do it. catfishes aren't recommended tankmates in general for gars, and especially not that one. bad idea is an understatement.--
--solomon

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
thanks i am selling it for this reason you've givin me. i got it as a vendor cheating the store i go to and it was a cross dock discount special order for me so i took it to keep the door open on the discount. like the catfish, just don't have the room for it on its own right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store