Gars and silvers?

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
A few days ago I read a post of someone asking about some tank mates for his spotted gar, and they said that they don't go well with silver arowanas, my question is, is that something that takes time or something that happens as they get bigger because I have a spotted gar around 12 in with a silver who was smaller and now is around the same time and I haven't had any trouble, would it be better for me to get rid of that gar before he tries to jake up my silver or will he be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
-run a search please; this question has come up and been discussed in-depth many times on the forum. you'll find all your answers in those discussions. good luck--
--SRD

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
I got a gar with a silver aro for over a year
They get along great
I got them small and now they are about 15' aro and 17' gar
They feed together and swim together.

I first had my silver who was about 8 inches in a 55 and then I got the gar around 11 inches and at first he was all tripped out in the tank so I placed him in the 125 and then introduced the silver when he was 10 inches and now the silver is bigger and has no problems and I'm hoping to get a few datnoids and maybe a clown knife or something see how that goes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store