what happened to the sticky?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
gar tankmates and experiences? i was going to do something similar for bowfins now it is gone?

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
I dont remember seeing a bowfin one. But I could definitely contribute.

#1 no no sadly enough is another bowfin.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
there wasnt one for bowfins, just gars. now it is not there. i was going to make one for bowfins.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
definitely make one for bowfins man I'm super interested....And yeah I know! I realized the same thing as I like to browse the gar forum from time to time and I too noticed it was no longer there in the sticky section.....:screwy:

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
definitely make one for bowfins man I'm super interested....And yeah I know! I realized the same thing as I like to browse the gar forum from time to time and I too noticed it was no longer there in the sticky section.....:screwy:
there is not point to make it if it is just going to get deleted like the last one. that was a dumb thing to do. to witch ever mod deleted it bad form...bad form...:nono:

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i was thinking that, but i think people will get them mixed up because from my own experiences there are gar friendly but not bowfin friendly or flip flop. it would be best to keep it seperate.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
i was thinking that, but i think people will get them mixed up because from my own experiences there are gar friendly but not bowfin friendly or flip flop. it would be best to keep it seperate.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I had planned on organizing it in such a way that it was like two threads in one rather than just one contiguous thread. The number of threads in the sticky area is getting a bit large after all, so less is more at this point in time.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
for space conservation the profiles could be combined. the thread "why bowfins and gars" could be deleted since it serves no purpose at this time. introduction to gars could be combined with profiles for that matter, organized in a way similar to my old arowana thread(which those still need to be finished up). "garmy" could use an updated list. i may come up with others.

as for the two threads in one, to get that in a "clean fashion" we could create a thread for the tankmate exp. then from that thread create a controlled locked sticky to keep it clear, while still gathering the info needed.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
also all the legality information for both could be combined in the same double thread design. same with the husbandry and profiles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store