How many?

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
I had heard that datnoids are similar to arowanas that of you are going to get some, get more than 2 because they will end up fighting and will not be good? Is it true? And if so I have a 125 gallon tank with a 12 inch arowana what kind of datnoids should I get that isn't a silver datnoid, they don't facinate me too much?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
You don't have too many choices. Indo is cheapest, NTT, then NGT. That is also how hard they are to find too, with indo being easiest and NGT being hardest. I'd say you need 5 datnoids if you don't want them to fight because aggression will be spread. If not just get 1. I personally wouldn't try any less than 5 though

BrandonJ3vino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2012
Salinas
You don't have too many choices. Indo is cheapest, NTT, then NGT. That is also how hard they are to find too, with indo being easiest and NGT being hardest. I'd say you need 5 datnoids if you don't want them to fight because aggression will be spread. If not just get 1. I personally wouldn't try any less than 5 though
NTT meaning? And NGT would be a? I'm kinda new to datnoids does anyone have some pictures of there these types of datnoids?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Datnoids grow pretty slow but get huge. I've seen some that are 22". I'd say you should keep 5 to spread out aggression or keep 1. Either way you have to remember that they hit more than 20" eventually so keep that in mind. I kept 5 in a 90 gallon for a year and now they're all in my 180.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store