help !!! HURRY!!!

04mach1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2006
windsor
hi i just picked up a spotteed gar.. ( 6-8 ) inch..
the guy said he hadent fed him for a couple days so he should be starving.
i threw him in to my 55 and i tossed in 2 dozen TINY feeders since his mouth is kinda small.
i saw he eat 1 and thats it.. he has no energy and just sits near the top. day, night it doesnt matter... i have pellets in there and he wont eat them. also i have seen the feeders go right up to his mouth and he wont bite them...

is there anything i can do?
thanks

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
you can wait, give the guy a chance. gars can go a long long long time without eating. mine sometimes dont eat for a whole week, but when they finally do, BAM. there everywhere goin crazy tearin up everything i throw in the tank. let him settle in and get used to ur tank and tankmates. when he's ready to eat, he'll eat. b4 u know it, you wont have enough food to fill the lil guy.

04mach1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2006
windsor
i have had him now 3 days..

my problem is i dont think he wants / likes the cichlid pellets i have my paroons eat.

so i put in 2 dozen little feeders BUT my paroons love them too... infact they eat so much it looks like they are going to explode..

so im not sure how to keep fish in there small enough for the gar without the sharks eating them.
just wanna make sure my gar doesnt starve thats all..
is there anyway i can get him to eat the pellets?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store