Datnoid has lump on his head

Datnoid Farmer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Help i am i new user and i came home today and my 3" had this big lump on his head. I currently have a 55 gal with some drift wood and a bhudda statue. I have a 6-7'' st datnoid and the 3'' it datnoid in there and the big has been bullying the small one lately. He doesnt even leave the bhudda statues anymore just sits inside of it. And today i came home and he had this reddish kinda orange lump on his head. I have a 10 gallon tank but there are four 1'' to 1.5'' baby it datnoids in there and i am afraid to put them in with the big guy, but if i have to make a quarantine then i guess i will have to. any advice would be greatly appeciated.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
No offense but I seriously doubt you've got a 6-7'' ST. Those don't really exist anymore, sadly.

That being said, looks like the larger one is beating the crap out of the smaller one. You should NEVER have two datnoids together in the same tank. You need to have 3 (or ideally 5+) at the very least, or one alone. The larger one will bully the smaller to death, and it looks like it isn't that far away.

Redbellypiranha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
Colorado
No offense but I seriously doubt you've got a 6-7'' ST. Those don't really exist anymore, sadly.

That being said, looks like the larger one is beating the crap out of the smaller one. You should NEVER have two datnoids together in the same tank. You need to have 3 (or ideally 5+) at the very least, or one alone. The larger one will bully the smaller to death, and it looks like it isn't that far away.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KingoRock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
Rockford

A lot of people have small ST? And i have 2 indo and they are best friends:D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
looks like a NTT dat with the bumb on his head, more pics would help, but yeah he probably banged into that hole he's looking through while getting chased by the bigger Dat

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Viet Dragon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
illinois
No offense but what do you call these pics? And the last 2pics belong to my friend on here b4 he sold it,.. and do you have any proof to back up that statement about small ST do not exist anymore?....you are just going off what hear from so called "Datnoid Experts"... No one can truly say "they dont exist" because we dont know...we dont live in Thailand.. just because they are not here..doesnt mean anything...again no offense..St.jpgst2.jpg

1.JPG2.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

St.jpg

st2.jpg

Viet Dragon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
illinois
I meant the first 2 pic were belong to a friend of mine on here...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store