Most sought after datnoid?

Ominae

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
LA
Like the title, what is the most sought after and why? I'm new to these guys and don't really understand the acronyms yet either...

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
ST is the most rare "Siamese Tiger" possibly extinct in the wild therefor the ones in the stores are generally very large since they are 5+ years old... there are other like the CT and the VT that i dont know much about, but have the same genus and species name as the ST datnioides pulcher

NGT datnoid "new guinea tiger" probably the second most expensive, has a very unique look ... pretty difficult to find, or at least it was difficult for me to find, west coasters have it easier as far as Dats than the east coast

NTT datnoid "northern thailand tiger" or "thin bar dat" these guys can be found relatively easily, however not as easily as the IT as of late ... very pretty, but can be difficult to keep, as i see many posts of them mysteriously dying

AT or "American Tiger" or sometimes called silver dat is also somewhat easy to find, looks in shape like the NGT, however much different coloring

IT or Indonesian Tiger are probably the most common Dat these days, and have a lot of variation as far as the amount of stripes, and stability... get very large, though not as large as the ST, and can closely resemble ST's as far as stripes and general look, some people say, although those with dat experience dont think they look alike at all

i'm no expert, but this basic knowledge i think i understand, but let the pro's get more in depth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ominae

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
LA
ST is the most rare "Siamese Tiger" possibly extinct in the wild therefor the ones in the stores are generally very large since they are 5+ years old... there are other like the CT and the VT that i dont know much about, but have the same genus and species name as the ST datnioides pulcher

NGT datnoid "new guinea tiger" probably the second most expensive, has a very unique look ... pretty difficult to find, or at least it was difficult for me to find, west coasters have it easier as far as Dats than the east coast

NTT datnoid "northern thailand tiger" or "thin bar dat" these guys can be found relatively easily, however not as easily as the IT as of late ... very pretty, but can be difficult to keep, as i see many posts of them mysteriously dying

AT or "American Tiger" or sometimes called silver dat is also somewhat easy to find, looks in shape like the NGT, however much different coloring

IT or Indonesian Tiger are probably the most common Dat these days, and have a lot of variation as far as the amount of stripes, and stability... get very large, though not as large as the ST, and can closely resemble ST's as far as stripes and general look, some people say, although those with dat experience dont think they look alike at all

i'm no expert, but this basic knowledge i think i understand, but let the pro's get more in depth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wow this was very informative :) thank you. Anymore information from someone else would be much appreciated as well. Thanks all :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Djaalix pretty much nailed it and you will find plenty of other information in the stickies at the top of the page.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lymiq

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
virginia
Actually, IT has higher value than silver dat due to coloration. The reason why you don't see silver tiger for sale is because nobody wants them. Also, size has a lot of merits in determining how rare a specimen is ... a 15" IT is more desirable than a 4" Thin bar

Reactions: Pedram

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Actually, IT has higher value than silver dat due to coloration. The reason why you don't see silver tiger for sale is because nobody wants them. Also, size has a lot of merits in determining how rare a specimen is ... a 15" IT is more desirable than a 4" Thin bar
I'm buying a silver this weekend lol.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
This pic is from the stickies to go with the references...
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1347429902.803478.jpg

Reactions: Pedram
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store