Need help

Sixfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
Maryland
I plan on moving from Maryland to Georgia and want to transport my fish what would be the best way to do this? I have a wolf fish, alligator Gar, rope fish, 4 oscars, dovii, pacu, jack dempsey, arowana, bichir and 2 common plecos. Advice please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
I have had good luck with igloo coolers and battery operated air pump. They'll go several days like this. Maybe even a week. Plus you have water to start up the tank again.

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
We use a bucket or cooler with a battery powered bubbler. Or you can use a power inverter and plug a regular pump in, or bubbler, or small filter, or anything.. We've transported fish all the way from Houston to Missouri. We just brought our sleeper goby 9 hrs home from cincinnati (usually 7, but there was massive traffic jam).
Might wanna throw some prime in with them to make sure ammonia doesn't build up.

Bucket with a screw on lid is great for fish that will fit since if it tips it won't spill out (I like the oceanic buckets, just drill a hole). Coolers are good too if you wrap tape around them. Of course you definitely want something tight fitting with your rope fish so they don't leave. :)

The plastic tubs with the 2 lids that flip down to the middle also work great too.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
For smaller fish that can do well in a bucket I use a bucket and battery powered air pump, I have done this for drives up to 6-7 hours. I have also used the cheap rubbermaid tubs for with battery powred air pumps as well, its nice when you have a lid to cover the transport for the fish that like to jump (not completely but you can gentley tape it so the there is gaps for the air to get in and airstone/s line to go)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store