Bout time... got a good size tank!

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
Im a service manager for a aquarium installation and maintenance co. We tore down a 280g f/O and a 500G reef. The tanks were up for grabs....After some measurments, I was only able to get the 280 Down to my basement. Would shure have been nice to get the 500 down there! Anyways.....I have a good sized tank and system to start toying with in the next few months. I do have to buff it out, the client had a huge mappa in there and he scratched the hell out of it with his chompers. Ill keep updating this post with my progress.

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
I should have said, I have the sump, skimmer, main pump, skimmer pump, chiller,uv ...Its a turn key system. I just have to figure out what im going to stock it with... After all having to service up to 20 tanks a week both reef and fish onlys every day I see almost every thing in this hobby. Any Ideas will be more than welcome.

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
I should have said, I have the sump, skimmer, main pump, skimmer pump, chiller,uv ...Its a turn key system. I just have to figure out what im going to stock it with... After all having to service up to 20 tanks a week both reef and fish onlys every day I see almost every thing in this hobby. Any Ideas will be more than welcome.
Wow, that's awesome! So they were just going to pitch everything if no one wanted it?

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
Well i did a lil work in my basement. got the walls built and a test fit of the tank. Still have lots of work to do though!
483079_10151155606308233_512075374_n.jpg

483079_10151155606308233_512075374_n.jpg

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
I still have no idea. I have so many options. Plus I get my fish at whole sale price so that just opens my options too. Right now at my shop we have a large mappa, miniatus and niger that need a good home. But then again puffers scratch acrylic, and the miniatus and trigger are super aggressive. I just dont know what im going to do.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
You don't HAVE to go big, make a huge reef with medium reef dwelling fish. Things like small puffers, gobies, and a large school of chromis!!! You could go larger too and get things like blue throat triggers, larger wrasses, and even lion fish!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store