New to forum, lots of cool fish. Just started tank

Mikeymike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
La la land
Hey what's up guys, just got in to the freshwater hobby, bought myself a nice 55g tank and stand and marine land filter which I'll be adding another one because it's a little cloudy

I have two arrowannas
8 bulleye snake head
Tiger shovel head catch fish (nice size)

Getting rid of boat and going with drift wood this week here's a link lmk what you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqRBIt6cqM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:popcorn:

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
You know he will grow so much bigger than them. And to top it off, they don't discriminate with size. They will kill and try to eat damn near anything, regardless of size. And if it doesn't happen now, it more than likely will down the road. Also, that 55g will only be good for 2 aros and a TSN for a couple months. Every one of those fish I wouldn't keep in a 300g alone much less in a 55 together.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Welcome to the site, lots of info here. I'll start with some number one rule for beginners, research. Research all fish, If I were you i would return those fish asap.

Arrowana's are recommended to need tanks that are 3 times there length and atleast their size in width or something like that. (the grow over three feet so you need a 9ft tank by atleast 3feet)
Tiger shovel noses need a pond not suitable for normal people tanks. (anything under like 300g)
Snakeheads should only be by themselves they will kill everything and sorry to say again will outgrow your 55g.

Sorry to tell you but the tank is not suitable for those fish buddy, it will kill and hurt your wallet in the long run. Searching 55g stock list / ideas in the search bar for more fish best suited for your tank. Just trying to help with your research

Dial92

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2012
Effingham, IL
Welcome to the site, lots of info here. I'll start with some number one rule for beginners, research. Research all fish, If I were you i would return those fish asap.

Arrowana's are recommended to need tanks that are 3 times there length and atleast their size in width or something like that. (the grow over three feet so you need a 9ft tank by atleast 3feet)
Tiger shovel noses need a pond not suitable for normal people tanks. (anything under like 300g)
Snakeheads should only be by themselves they will kill everything and sorry to say again will outgrow your 55g.

Sorry to tell you but the tank is not suitable for those fish buddy, it will kill and hurt your wallet in the long run. Searching 55g stock list / ideas in the search bar for more fish best suited for your tank. Just trying to help with your research
+1 we are not here to put you down just to help you no do the mistakes some of us did at the beginning

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store