Really want to add a DAT!

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Hey guys, I have a 180G tank with 1 Oscar (12in) 1 Chocolate Cichlid (11in) 1 Severum (7in) 1 Blue Acara (4in) and 5 Silver Dollars. I do 80% water change every week and the tank is peacefull the Oscar is laid back. I have always wanted a Datnoid and I just saw Rapps has Siamese Thin Bar Dats 3-4inches, and Indo's around 2-3inches. I was thinking of going with 1 Siamese Dat, this would be the last fish I would add to the tank, what do you guys think? I have never fed live fish and I added the Acara very small and no one ate him so I think we would be good there, let me Know!

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
The Thin Bars size would b more appropriate size to put in with your Oscar. Otherwise id probably get he indo if was 4˝. If u do get that Thin Bar, make sure its got a few hiding places for it, since your cichlids may bully it at first. As far as tank size goes, your fine. Just wondering, why the 80% water change weekly...seems a bit overkill IMO

RWaltman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Warren, PA
80%! what do the fish do!?! their backs must be out of the water! LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE GETTIN' A DAT, DUDE!

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Ha ha i know, my wife thinks im stupid.
But I have never had ich a sick fish or had a fish die. I don't know it takes a couple hours of my time a week but at least i know my water levels are fine, I dont even test my water. So you think im good to go definitely? Thanks for the help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store