Fair price for a 3-bar IT?

fishmanejr

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
West Seneca, NY
Sorry to bug you all about pricing, but I'm looking at buying a 4 inch long 3-bar IT. Please see the picture below. The seller says the left side of the fish is completely identical to the right side in the picture. He also said this IT is more stable than others he's sold, displaying the nice colors as in the picture 75% of the time or better. He is asking $100 plus shipping. Is this a fair price for this fish? I already have 2 "normal" patterned IT's and a NTT, so spending $100 on another dat needs to be worth it. I'm thinking this is the closest I'll get to the look of an ST; IF it is as stable as the seller claims! Thanks all for your input!
wide bar datnoid.jpg

wide bar datnoid.jpg

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Over priced and this IT looks very thin. Might have worms. I would pass on this guy or offer 40 bucks.

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Too much! Id say $50 tops. N the stable thing, that can always change. Sometimes Indos can appear to b more stable cause they stressed, so could hav something wrong with it like Bomber said.

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
Tell the seller you will give him 100 pennies. Not worth $100 in a million years.

nid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
Plus shipping means inclusive or exclusive? 100 for the fish alone is expensive. Over here in Singapore they go for between $35 to $48 SGD, roughly $27 to $38USD. A word of warning through, 3bar IT are very prone to SDS when small. I lost a couple in the past. I have a friend who lost something like 10pcs when they were around that size. Even a camera flash could kill them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
$30 tops, I have two 3 bar indos and I paid about $17 each they're not as hard to come across as you'd think. Also don't take stability into too much consideration when buying a datnoid because it can change literally in seconds for one of many, many possible reasons.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Sorry to bug you all about pricing, but I'm looking at buying a 4 inch long 3-bar IT. Please see the picture below. The seller says the left side of the fish is completely identical to the right side in the picture. He also said this IT is more stable than others he's sold, displaying the nice colors as in the picture 75% of the time or better. He is asking $100 plus shipping. Is this a fair price for this fish? I already have 2 "normal" patterned IT's and a NTT, so spending $100 on another dat needs to be worth it. I'm thinking this is the closest I'll get to the look of an ST; IF it is as stable as the seller claims! Thanks all for your input!
View attachment 832997
It's not about what a fish is its what it looks like and how much you think is fair not what anyone else thinks

If everyone says a fair price is $50 but the asking price is $60 will you not buy it just because its $10 more than everyone tells you it's worth

Only the seller can put a price on a fish its up to you to bargain and try to sort out a price you are both happy with

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Well said, T1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store