New to dats!

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
I have an 3" NGT, and have the chance to get an 6" IT. They wouldn't be in the same tank now, but eventually would being a 225 with my Asian aro, large growing catfish, bichirs, and most likely some sort of dither. i only have the RTG, and NGT now, and all the others are on the want list. So bad idea or .....

Thanks, Justin.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
To still answer your question for the future, as long as the dats have a decent size difference between the 2, such as 6" to 3", you shouldn't have a problem with aggression.

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
To still answer your question for the future, as long as the dats have a decent size difference between the 2, such as 6" to 3", you shouldn't have a problem with aggression.
What about when they start getting closer in size?

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
+1 Dats do better in groups of three or more. As far as size,they will become more aggressive towards each other when they get close to saw size. Awhile ago, when my 7˝ was getting close to my 8", they were sparring quite a bit. But after a few months, they chilled out. Both are 9" now, and no problems between them. Also, was never any serious injuries done to either when fighting, few ruffled fins, that was bout it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store