Snowflake moray eel with longnose gar!?

GarKeeper456

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2012
North Carolina
I really want a snowflake moray eel but I'm unsure if it will get along with my longnose gar. They're the same size and they'll be in a 65 gallon tank with plenty of food available at any given moment. The eel will have a large cave made of live freshwater rock. Will they get along???

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Snowflake moray requires full marine conditions as it matures. So in the long run - no

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I have researched that and they require brackish water. My brother has kept his in brackish water for 6 years! It lives alone though.
Either way you're talking about 2 fish requiring totally different water requirements. Knowing this going into it makes the question kinda stupid.

They might be able to suffer through 6 years of brackish but they still aren't going to do as well as they will in full marine.

Not even gonna touch keeping Gar in a 65 gallon tank.

GarKeeper456

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2012
North Carolina
The gar will be moved if he ever out grows this aquarium. Considering they reach 2 feet in captivity and the tank is 36"x24"x14". I see no problem. And I'm not getting the eel since I have just learned that they have toxins that can, after several bites, kill fish much larger than itself.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Gar will definatly out grow that 65, just a matter of time.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store