Injured datnoid. Please help!

Sneif

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2012
Brier, WA
So I bought my second Dat about a week and a half ago (I know its better to have 2+, just need a bigger tank.) I bought it with a small scratch on its side and the day after I got it into my tank he developed these small bumps on its side and hard gooey white stuff consign out of them. Same spot both sides. Along with this, it developed some grow or injury in between its bottom fins. Same kind of white stuff.

Anyways, I changed the water, raised temp, added meds and salt 3 days ago. Looked in the tank today and the spot in on its belly looks even worse.. Will my day be ok? Take it back? What do I need to do?

All of my other fish ate fine btw. Just the new Dat has this..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349679063.706562.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349679088.721053.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349679144.089037.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349679166.858701.jpg

big_giddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2012
Philippines
Clean water is the key for wounded fish. Raise the temp up to 79 at least.

You can treat the tank with a general antibiotic, but if you do this, you'll kill all the bacteria - both good and bad.

Do water changes to keep the water as clean as possible. Fish have a mucous that covers their bodies to help keep bacteria at bay.

No need to add salt if you have put antibiotic in the tank. Salt will just reduce the efficacy and effectiveness of the medicine. Goodluck!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like some kind of infection going on there.Follow the good advice from giddy and things should hopefully change for the better.No point trying to return the fish as the store probably will want nothing to do with it now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store