The "NOT" so Epic Overhaul

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Thread dedicated to JK47 , thanks for not bieng mad at my bootleg version of your Epic thread;).

Fortunately I acquired a lot of big acrylic tanks.uploadfromtaptalk1349799044737.jpgthis thread unfortunately has nothing to do with them:D

I'm am financially "strapped" atm, the big tanks are gonna have to wait. So I decided to move my existing 10 smaller tanks from the musky room they are crammed into down to the basement.

I picked up a few cheapos off of craigslist to make the transition a little easier. First I drove about 20 min to pick up a 55gal with cover and light for $40. I arrive to find a small tank 36 x 17 x 12, 30-40gal? Luckily the owner ended up giving it to me for $20. Then off to grab another "55" with stand no top $40. I arrive and the owner was a real nice guy, wife a teacher and cooking Latin enpenadas "beef patties" for a fund raiser at her school. Not so long story even shorter....I ate 3 delicious beef patties , had tank and stand carried to my car and was given a can of black krylon to re paint the stand, all for $30. The kicker was when I was carrying it to my basement and I realized that it is a 75gal not a 55.:) does anyone advertise correctly?

So project is underway as of 2 days ago, cleaned the tanks and started the migration to my dreary basement. First I setup the 75gal. I utilized the other half of my 3d bg in this tank. Luckily I have a ton of fish junk so setup was fairly easy. Added in pool filter sand and all the plants and rocks from my existing geo low tech planted growout tank. Filtration is temp with only one ac 110. Wires are all over and need to be sorted :eek:. For a quick thrown together tank I am extremely pleased with the results.uploadfromtaptalk1349800380719.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1349800439035.jpguploadfromtaptalk1349800600311.jpguploadfromtaptalk1349800658986.jpgred head and red hump geos, these guys are in hiding getting used to the new digs. The tank is crystal clear and cycled within first 24 hrs due to all the live bactiria on existing plants rocks and in the ac110. Better updated pics of these geos and tank once they relax a bit, and I get my camera out... Currently I'm lazying it up with my crappo cell cam

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
that's a nice collection of acrylic tanks!!

and the 75 looks good too.
Thanks, I actually have more acrylic tanks in the basement, and a few that still havent been delivered. It hurts to look at them and be stuck setting up these little tanks.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
LMAO! Nice bro I love it. Subscribed. You do have a lot of acrylic tanks, I am curious to see the progression on the ones you decide to build.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
LMAO! Nice bro I love it. Subscribed. You do have a lot of acrylic tanks, I am curious to see the progression on the ones you decide to build.
Welcome aboard, I'm slowly breaking down and may start putting a couple of those acrylics together. When I start them will take my time to do it right, not like this bootleg getto setup I'm slapping together now.

Thanks Leptoe.

Moved 4 more tanks over the last couple days. Pics updated as soon a I get a chance, taking advantage of a slow Sunday at work;). 55, 2x 30, and a tinie 10. Lost a 5th tank due to my rushing, was a 10 put down on the cement floor without seeing the small stone that cracked the bottom.

10 gal : temp housing for 10 gt fry picked up at *** auction. Cute little guys already showing blue spangled face.

30 long: fh male growout

30 gal: 2 faded female fh, divided

55 gal: female fen , male fh . My little project.

Next on my agenda is repair to an acrylic 125 iv had sitting for a long time. Picked it up a while ago on cl and never set it up due to a chip I found on the bottom corner after moving it into my house. I was to nervious to utilize the tank and picked up my 155 after wich took my mind off it. Tank holds water but don't want an accident, gonna bond a small triangular piece into the corner for piece of mind. Once ready I will move my original fh breeding pair from their 90.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
pics of the 30 long with a colorful yellow base fh, pic dont do this youngster justice. He is darker than normal getting used to the new tankPA094304.JPGPA094315.JPGLow tech filtration hob and a bio sponge

PA094304.JPG

PA094315.JPG

PA124329.JPG

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Second divided 30, 2 fader females this one is the keeper the other the female that took the abuse mentioned earlier is low quality but was proven fertile at a very early age in the growout tank so I kept her around just in case. PA124346.JPGPA124377.JPGPA124390.JPG

PA124346.JPG

PA124377.JPG

PA124390.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store