Just got a new Dat few questions?

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Hey just picked up a Dat from Rapps to go in my 180G tank. I got a Datnoid Undecimradiatus, was just wondering what you guys think of this species. I did do the research and read the profile, but I just want some real life experiences and info on this particular species. I did see that a lot of them die unexpectedly, is this true? And how do they rank among the other species of Dats like indos and St's. Also the profile says they grow slow and reach 16inches, I just want to know how slow and if I could expect them to get any bigger. Let me know what you guys think! Thank you

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The thinbar dats are the second best looking after the ST/Widebars in my opinion.It's going to be tough at first but get it eating pellets if it's not already.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
In terms of what?....Generally they are all the same as far as temperament,if that's what you mean.The NGT is known to be more aggressive than the others but it mostly comes down to the individual fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Just meant quality , looks and overall as a fish compared to other species. You know like with frontosas Moba is generally regarded as the best and Burundi is average as far as Fronts go. Thats all and thanks for the help.

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
Dont get me wrong, the fish looks great and im very happy with him im just asking what other people think of NTTS Thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well as far as I'm aware there are no regional variations as is the case with fronts...Dats are largely hit or miss...some have good color and stability and some don't...I'm glad to be able to help you in any way that I can and I'm sure others will chime in as we'll.

Stevenm1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2010
Boston
I have been researching and seeing more Sudden Death Syndrome, is there anything to that or just bad luck by some people?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think it is mostly due to parasites that have taken their toll on the fish.NTT especially should be treated and quarantined ASAP when they are brought home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store