Tropical & spotted gars

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
I am considering getting Either a Tropical gar or a spotted gar and i was wondering if it would be complatible with the fish in my signature????? All but the Silver Aro(my big oscar is an *** and kept picking on it) and the small Sailfin pleco are in a 100g tank and i would put the gar in that tank.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
FlammingWoodChuck said:
I am considering getting Either a Tropical gar or a spotted gar and i was wondering if it would be complatible with the fish in my signature????? All but the Silver Aro(my big oscar is an *** and kept picking on it) and the small Sailfin pleco are in a 100g tank and i would put the gar in that tank.

Yeah i don't see why not I'd go with the spotted gar .

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Make sure your gar isnt much bigger than your other fish when you buy her. my 2cents :D

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
If your oscar is a bully then IMO the gar should be as long as the oscar. Most gars won't bother fish much more than 1/2 their size but there are always exception, esp. with narrow bodied fish.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Yeah, I'd be a little worried about something like the dojo becoming gar food... gars pretty quickly until they hit a certain point (about 12" in these species).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store