Pink Convict X Texas Cichlid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2012
Maryland
Has anyone done PInk Convict X Texas Cichlid? i think they would make some kind of red texas and faders but never seen the pairing. I've seen the black convict x texas but i think the pink convict texas will be nice, if anyone has pics or done the pairing let me know the results and pics.

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
They won't be pink because they need to inherit the pink gene from BOTH parents. If only one parent has the pink gene then they'll only be a carrier. Now if you crossed that hybrid mix its brother or sister then you'll get your pink texas convict.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

They won't be faders because fading is actually a specific genetic element that neither convicts nor texans have.

They'll probably look like texans, but with a bit of a convict build to it. I don't really know if the orange belly trait will pass on, but it's possible.

And yeah like gutted says, they won't be pink unless they inherit said trait. If you breed an F2 from the F1, then about 25% probably will turn out pink! :D Probably with pearls! :D Though I'd have tried it with a pink convict and a green texan, imo texan pearlings are just ugly (sorry for calling your fish ugly, I just don't like texans at all) and won't really show. Green texan pearlings will be way nicer! :D

Reactions: Thelatinofishlover

ErnieG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2012
Maryland
Ok, why when u breed a texas to a red devil/midas you get faders and some pearls? I have seen white midas with the same color as a pink convict breed to a texas and produce faders but u say texas dont carry fade gene.

Because fading and lack of melanin are two different things.

Well no, they're similar, but fading in and of itself is where an animal starts out with color, then reduce in it. Pink is just no color, from start till end. Different genes involved.

So your F1 or F2 or whatever could be pink, but it will not start out colored, then fade. Because that's fading, and that's not something either Convicts or Texans do.

ErnieG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2012
Maryland
Your saying texas dont fade but when breeders cross texas to midas they get faders so what your saying is wrong. Texas obviously dont need the fade gene if breeder cross red/ midas, blood parrot, and king kong parrots to texas and they get faders the first generation so the statement about texas needing the fade gene is wrong and texas may infact already cause fading on their own.

ErnieG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2012
Maryland
Lol Chris, am i right? when breeders cross red devil/ midas, blood parrots etc to texas they get faders so what he is saying about texas need a fader gene is obviously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store