My dats are hiding all the time. Can some give me suggesiton?

skyliner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Indonesia
My dats always hide all the time either at the edge of the aquarium, behind the power head or in the piece of wood that I placed in the middle of aquarium. The only time they are out when I give them food and when the light is dim / dark. My aquarium is 1,2 meter lenght, 45 cm wide and water level is about 30 cm.
My dats are still small, the largest is about 9 cm. I have other fishes in the aquarium, 5 small ctenopoma (spotted climbing perch), 4 15cm balashark, 2 big pleco & 1 small pleco, 3 algaeter, 2 small raibow fish (I don't know what kind of rainbow fish), 1 carachin, 2 zebra cory, 1 albino cory, 2 medium Carassius Auratus, 3 lemon cichlid, 1 duboisi, 1 Pangasius hypothalmus and finally 1 catfish, I think it's a synodontis. Is it too crowded?

Someone have any idea so that the dats swim around the aquarium?
What are the best tankmates for the datz?

I look at youtube and I notice that most of the dats, small and large, swim around the aquarium gracefully. I really really really envy them....:cry:

Note: sorry for my not-so-good English.

8usmickey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
NY
That's how dats are especially if u just got them. It can take a while before they can b friendly and when they swim gracefully, they r usually begging for good..

I would remove all the hiding spots

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cullens089

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Canton,Michigan
my dats the same way and i said f--k it since its been a few months. his hiding spot seems to be right in front of a piece of driftwood so i can still see him but it is what it is

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store