My Blind NGT Learning To Eat Pellets from the surface.

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
So this is my NGT one of my absolute favorite fish who, some here may remember from a thread few months back who was purchased at one of my LFS and was almost completely blind. I had to reluctantly sell him/her briefly because of money constraints but luckily fate brought us back together again. I believe since I purchased him/her that one of the two eyes has shown improvement. One eye is essentially flat, completely white and obviously has no vision, the other eye I initially thought was blind as well, the pupil being pretty white and scratched up but the more time went on I realized there had to be some vision in that eye because I was constantly being followed when I made a move for pellets. Well Massivore isn't exactly cheap I've gradually tried to convert my tigers onto Massivore Floating Sticks, I figured they'd all convert over in time with the exception being the blind one. Guess he/she proved me wrong. I just thought this was pretty cool to see considering how lost this fish initially was in the sale tank and after being moved once again in my care. This is the first time I've seen him/her look for and/or find floating pellets and just the second time I've heard it.

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
[video=youtube;JY8TMu_RdbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY8TMu_RdbA&feature=plcp[/video]

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
[video=youtube;XfGj2xT4zcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfGj2xT4zcc&feature=plcp[/video]

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good for the fish and you...Firstly,I wouldn't think that there are many people who are willing to drop coin on a blind fish but fortunately you were able to sell it when you needed to and you were able to get the fish back,down the the road.....Looks like the NGT has found where the food is and it now should do well if it does not have to compete with others for those pellets.

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
Good outcome. Happy for you.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Bro, I should have bought that blind NGT for $80!!!! Remember I told you about it lol. Kings Aquarium....

Thats great that he is doing really good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store