What saltwater fish can be put in a 75 gallon tank?

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I'm looking into salt water tanks as my marine biology teacher said she would give me all her stock and everything she has at the end of the year. I know saltwater costs a lot and that's why I was considering it more than ever because of this. I have also wanted to do a saltwater tank for a long time and this encourages me more than ever. I'm setting a 75 as the minimum tank size ill set up. Being that a 55 is very thin and leaves little room for larger fish compared to a 75 with a larger footprint. Please give me a set price to set up a saltwater tank for a 75 gallon tank. I'm a noob at freshwater. I'll look to see on Craigslist if anyone is selling their previous saltwater tanks. I'm expecting atleast $1000.

-Andrew

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
I am gonna say this and only this, if you can't afford to provide for you animals as it is you won't even be able to care for more much less a saltwater tank. Saltwater tanks can get very expensive and based off of what you have said in the past it is very much out of your price range. Do you and your current animals some good and just focus on them rather than adding more.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I am gonna say this and only this, if you can't afford to provide for you animals as it is you won't even be able to care for more much less a saltwater tank. Saltwater tanks can get very expensive and based off of what you have said in the past it is very much out of your price range. Do you and your current animals some good and just focus on them rather than adding more.
Okay ill see later on then after my fish are fine.

-Andrew

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
What kind of stock r u getting from your teacher?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
She had a bunch of anemones, horshoe crabs, snails, some sort of black and white eel looking fish, and corals. But, after what Chris said I'm gonna put this as side for later

-Andrew

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Too many projects going on man, you come up with a new tank idea every week it seems. The snapper, that giant basement tank, and now this. Choose what you want and stick with it. You don't seem like the person that can take care of a 500 gallon pbass tank, a 75 galln salt, and a future monster turtle

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
How about sell or trade of your current stock and try sw? Only reasonable solution for your current situation, you already have a tank, lighting, heater and whatever else. Id rather see one setup that's done right, then a few that are skimmped.

*Go S. Vettel #1 rb8--4 MORE RACES LEFT! LET'S MAKE IT 4 BACK TO BACK WINS & 3 WDC!* :beer:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store