Why can't I ever find NGT's?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I look on MFK and Aquabid frequently for NGT's and really, any non IT. I own an IT and want to get one of each Datnoid out there. How come they are never available in the U.S.?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wouldn't say they are never available just not with any regularity.A few years ago I was on a hunt for one and was looking high and low.After I found one a good distance from my town one of the vendors here was able to bring some in.....There could be some kind of restriction in their collection areas.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
just be patient.
they worth the wait. a great looking tiger. but after 11 inch. they can really so some damage. to other tigers that rant several inches bigger.
in the UK. there have been 6 or 7. ngts in the last 6-8 months that have been sold and hats just on a.c. must v e a few more that get traded that rant advertised.

and a couple lfs has had a steady supply for few years now... but at a price
good luck
bumble bee

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
I missed my chance (and a great deal) to bring home a 12" NGT from canada this summer. Thanks to the wife for a very busy logistics on that trip. Oh well...but I got to see the asian aro's in flesh again.

Good luck in your hunt, OP!

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Good luck! I just sold my second 7" ngt a couple weeks ago. Putting two in a tank long term is a no no. Dominant one will just keeps beating on the other eventually.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's the way it usually goes with NGT so I've heard.Where there any other fish in with them?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
That's the way it usually goes with NGT so I've heard.Where there any other fish in with them?
In with 8 indos, many loaches, and red eye gourami. They each claimed a side. It was fine for a couple months then like a light switch, bang!! There they go, one chasing the other every chance they get. Now my 8" ngt is the alpha Dat amongst indos ranging from 8"-12".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My NGT is about six inches.He used to squabble with a NTT from time to time but keeps to himself for the most part.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store