supplementing vitamin B1

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have an IT that I have been trying to pellet train, using a large variety of brands, on to pellets for 3 weeks now. I tried stuffing the shrimp early on, but he would get the pellets out. At first he would take them and spit them out. Now they are totally ignored. The only things he would eat were FD krill and market prawns. My concern with those 2 foods is the thiasimine depleting the B1 in the fish over time. I have been researching with no success supplementing the B1 by soaking the krill in a liquid form. Will this remedy the problem? I would have thought he would have eaten something by now. Thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not sure about the supplementation but are there any other fish in the tank that your indo can learn from?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
VERY lightly stocked. All eat pellets with gusto. 240 with Pacu, Endli Poly, 2 angels and a pleco. Getting a flagtail and a distochodis later in the week. Totals less then 2 feet of fish if laid end to end currently. IT is about 6" and had him for 4 months, got him from a guy who only fed it shrimp for over a year.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Soaking the shrimp could work,it certainly shouldn't hurt.In time the dat should pick up on the pellets from the others.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
If he spits the pellets out with the shrimp, try talapia fillet pellet stuffed. My indos prefered the talapia over shrimp. Just an idea. Gd luck Rodger

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
If he spits the pellets out with the shrimp, try talapia fillet pellet stuffed. My indos prefered the talapia over shrimp. Just an idea. Gd luck Rodger
+1

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?507349-EASY-WAY-TO-FEED-PELLETS-RIGHT-NOW!

*Go S. Vettel #1 rb8--3 MORE RACES LEFT! LET'S MAKE IT 5 BACK TO BACK WINS & 3 WDC!* :beer:

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
it took my IT approx 8 weeks to accept pellets

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
it took my IT approx 8 weeks to accept pellets

Did you starve him that long?

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
well i was mixing a few sinking hikari cichlid gold pellets with frozen cubes of bloodworm for ages, but it wasn't taking them, so it must have survived off just the bloodworm. i eventually mixed loads of pellets with the bloodworm and it made a thick lumpy paste, i used to just scrape this into the tank and the IT must have been that hungry it smashed into the paste and got a mouthfull of mostly pellets, and it kind of went from there really. i then started feeding sinking carnivore pellets and boy it hoovers them up like nothing ive ever seen. it has taken hikari floating food sticks today for the first time also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store