Clownfish Problem?

stpetejustin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Petersburg Florida
Hey guys, I just got 2 TR True Percula Clowns a few days ago. Both before and after getting them, I had all my parameters checked. Everything came back exactly the same, which was perfect.

Just last night I noticed the smaller clown had a little clear/white film on his side. I thought it might be clownfish disease, but I'm not sure and I don't want to go out buying anything without being sure. His eating habits are great still, so that's no issue. His coloring is also not nearly as bright as the bigger one, not sure if thats an issue or not, just thought I'd mention it. If anyone can help me out here it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Justin.

clownfish film .jpg

clownfish film .jpg

stpetejustin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Petersburg Florida
wow, unreal. nevermind guys...an hour after I post this, I go in to look in the tank and only one clown is swimming around, cant see the other one. Turns out he died in the past 65 minutes.

MissInked

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2012
Idaho
Oh no! Sorry your little guy didn't make it. Hopefully you got him from someplace that guarantees their fish for a few days after purchase! Glad the other one is healthy so far.

stpetejustin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Petersburg Florida
I'm pretty bummed right now, I got them 3 days ago. I'm surely going back to the store today. I've only given those guys over a grand in the past 2 months between all my tanks so they should at least refund me or something else to ease this. The other one looks fine, although it keeps swimming near the surface next to the filter in the current, not sure what to make of that. Not a fun discovery at 3am :(

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
i work at a saltwater LFS, unfortunately not uncommon for shipments of young clowns to come in with fungus like that. as suggested give some pimafix/melafix a shot but its usually no good at this point

stpetejustin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Petersburg Florida
thanks guys, turns out it's mucus not clownfish disease, which is slightly a better thing. a lot easier to cure at least. I did a 40% water change today, probably another 20% every two days two more times to flush whatevers in there out while adding in some garlic to the feedings. I'm assuming it must be rediculously stressed out, I dont know why it would be though, nothing for it to fear, perfect water...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store