The return of my Fire Eel...

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I moved my 10" fire eel from the 45 gallon show tank down to my bigger medium agro community, 125g tank I want to say 3 months ago... Ever since I moved it I never saw it again, that is until last night that is... to say these guys hide well is an UNDERSTATMENT! I even went so far as to sift all the substrate checking for him and nothing...I thought for sure he had gone into my filter and was in the sump bio tower...

I looked over and he checked me out with normal curiosity and started swimming around like he was totally comfortable and I even was able to feel it even with all my sillver dollars and 2 ravanous tinfoil barbs trying to eat anything that falls into the tank! :grinno:

Here's the video evidence!
Enjoy
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

[video=youtube_share;jEER5I7nGeg]http://youtu.be/jEER5I7nGeg?hd=1[/video]

He's been hiding in the untouched skull - and apparently been there the whole time!

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I agree!

The silver dollars, although cool to watch, are ravenous eaters! I might remove them or thin down the flock a little to allow more food to get down to the slow eaters. Now that I know where he resides though, I pushed some little earthworms into the decoration with a turkey baster last night- my eels all love em and they are like cheeseburgers for fish! Plumping them RIGHT up!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
lol yes, my spineys all love their nightcrawlers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store