Dat's are attacking each other!

Roryf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
England
One of my datnoids is bullying the other! I have seen people with groupds of dats before and not much aggression is being show what so ever. Is is because i have just 2 or is should i have not put 2 together?

Dont know what do to so any suggestions would be grateful

Thanks

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I always hear 3 or more. I only have one myself.

Roryf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
England
Oh really? Ile have to go buy another one then!!! what a shame...

Does suck though i wanted 2 datnoids 2 peacock bass to be the kings of the tank. might add some more territory and see if that helps for the time being

thanks

Nov 1, 2012
Canada
I have 3 and they still fight not to mention they become unstable when stressed. I would just keep one as adding more might just make it worse. Selling two of mine and just keeping one and hoping it becomes stable again.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
There will always be a dominance issue with a group of Dats. It's does seem to calm down as time goes by. I have a group of 5 ITs that's been together for almost 4 years now. I don't see fighting, but there will be an occasional "Who's the boss" moments, but nothing serious.

I bought 2 baby NTTs and constantly worry about fights. The 2 have also calm down, but I still worry. I think having another aggressive species seems to give them a common enemy, lol! Once the larger of the 2 gets another inch or 2, it'll be moving in with the ITs. Then it'll be interesting to see how fast a lone Dat will grow.

Sent from my MB860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store