Anyone on mfk have bred Marble Motoro Sting Rays?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everybody,

Just curious as I've read threads that seem that the earliest have been in 2008 about the topic. Has anyone had any luck with them? Heard they are normally wild caught thus the reason they are difficult to breed pure marbles.

I defiantly won't be able to breed or attempt rays until the larger tank is obtained, but just curious on the topic.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Several people have since then. Tanglovers, mfswets, think dbjunkie had a liter, coolmbu. Sorry if I killed a few names. There are many more.

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
I manage to breed it twice and the female is 1 month pregnant again for the third batch.

6 hours from birth

1 month old

this is 3 months old and look how much they change.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Several people have since then. Tanglovers, mfswets, think dbjunkie had a liter, coolmbu. Sorry if I killed a few names. There are many more.
Brad (Stingrayguy)
Pat (Amazon Stingrays)
Jeff (Big J)
I think Nic had some way back.

I know there's a few guys out there that have bred them like rabbits, who knows how many litters.... ;) A bunch I'm sure.

I'm actually waiting for the 6th litter here, but my luck has been nothing shy of horrible, having more stillborn/miscarried then healthy.

Hondas3000 you have some very nice looking pups! Are the first ones hybrid? The last one is flat out amazing.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Wow great pics!!! How big are your pair or trio or how ever much you have. Also guess rays grow fast from pups to juvies then they slow down I...look very healthy!

thanks silentbob will search names to look for more info,

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Brad (Stingrayguy)
Pat (Amazon Stingrays)
Jeff (Big J)

I know there's a few guys out there that have bred them like rabbits, who knows how many litters.... ;) A bunch I'm sure.

I'm actually waiting for the 6th litter here, but my luck has been nothing shy of horrible, having more stillborn/miscarried then healthy.

Hondas3000 you have some very nice looking pups! Are the first ones hybrid? The last one is flat out amazing.
Thanks will look them up, any pics of your pair or pups? Also how big are your breeding rays?

Im asking for size because some posts I read that they sometimes will start to breed when thier large then motoro breeding size (not sure sizze)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
The one preggo now is probably around 17" maybe. There's lots of pics posted here, just have to dig em up.

They all vary as far as breeding....... Usually 12"+

hondas3000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2008
BC, Canada
Brad (Stingrayguy)
Pat (Amazon Stingrays)
Jeff (Big J)

No they are F1 as my pair is wild caught. When they first born its pretty dark.

Wow great pics!!! How big are your pair or trio or how ever much you have. Also guess rays grow fast from pups to juvies then they slow down I...look very healthy!

thanks silentbob will search names to look for more info,
I have a quite a few in the tank but some how my male marble only breed with my female marble only and he is only 13" and she is 18"

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Awesome rays to everyone! Tanglovers should post his rays. He has a massive beautiful female that breeds for him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store