Dead Sailfin Tang

Once upon A Tuesday

Feeder Fish
Nov 6, 2012
Ohio
I found my Yellow Sailfin Tang dead in my tank today. The tang was a juvenile housed in a 55 before being added to a 140. One day before his death he acted just fine, his color was fine, fully belly, eating well and not skittish with no visible marks. He has been in this tank for ~1 year, which tested within normal parameters including salinity. The other inhabitants of the tank are just fine, mainly crabs, corals and a clownfish showing no sign of disease or distress.

The only thing I can think of is that I performed a water change 3 days prior to his death; The change was standard and had no differences with any other water change I had performed while this fish was present in the tank. I haven't added anything to the tank in about 2 months either.

Is there any sort of diseases or conditions that these fish suffer from? Should I be concerned for the other inhabitants, and keep monitoring the tank?

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
if your water was fine like you say it was, if the fish was fine like u say it was, It could of possibly just been its time to, Ive had fish randomly die aswell without any cause of death that I could see, but everything was fine with the other animals, even weeks/months later. so Ive came to the conclusion just like people, maybe it was there time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store