life time companion compatability with dats

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
I am planning to eventually build big a 300 gallon tank but that won't be needed for at least a year. Anyway I have 3 baby IT's and 6 CL's and would like to have a south east Asian tank in the end. Any suggestions for some life time friends to go in this tank? I was thinkng a giant red tail gourami and some other kind of largeish colorful fish that won't get eaten. Any suggestions? The more colorful the better.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming guys. I'm going to have to do a bunch of research on all of the suggestions since I don't know much about arowanas, flagtails, or pbass.

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
if u want strictly SE ASIAN tank those suggestions don't fit. RTGG is a good candidate but in 3 years time the dats and CL's still won't be big enough to hold their own against the RTGG. all i can think of right now is an RTG or a chilli red aro but i know that it's illegal in the US. maybe some sort of large cyprinid but i lack knowledge of the species that fits your need.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
How about 3-4 ea of each kind of Datnoid?

Farox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2011
Sweden
red tail golden arowana = RTG, you could have a clown knife, they should be asian

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
I was thinking about getting some other types of days but decided to try to get a larger variety of tank inhabitants. So that a avg person who would come in my house would be able to tell the difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store