is it just me? (datnioides)

IndicaINA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2012
Indonesia
is it just me or is it reaally hard to find NGTs and Polota's?? and why are they soo expensive? Soo how much does NGT's and Polota's cost in your area or country? and how rare are they? coz i can't find any at all..

The hunt continous.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Polota's are cheap and easy to find NGT are more expenecive due to location they come from

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have seen more NGT's then Polota's.. actually I have never seen a polota.. Why is Polota named AT? is it because it's native to america?
They are not native to America but India actually and I am not sure how they got the American Tiger name...I have heard different theories but I stick with calling them silver dats...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
For awhile bout a yr back, AT's were coming up everywhere in my area. Bought a 6" bout 5yrs ago, later sold cause was bullying my IT which I was more interested in keeping. Now, dats completely hav disappeared in my area. Last one I purchased had to drive 175 miles for. But I also live in the Northwoods. Anyways, guess only thing I really liked bout the AT, or silver Dat, was it was always stable. Otherwise it was a pain in my ***. Most aggressive dat I ever owned!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

IndicaINA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2012
Indonesia
For awhile bout a yr back, AT's were coming up everywhere in my area. Bought a 6" bout 5yrs ago, later sold cause was bullying my IT which I was more interested in keeping. Now, dats completely hav disappeared in my area. Last one I purchased had to drive 175 miles for. But I also live in the Northwoods. Anyways, guess only thing I really liked bout the AT, or silver Dat, was it was always stable. Otherwise it was a pain in my ***. Most aggressive dat I ever owned!

wow did you really drive 175 miles to get a fish..

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Indica, I guess I don't really consider that far to drive for a fish, if u really want it ;) Hav driven further, to Chicago to pick up a Flagtail b4. My LFS stock usually consists of basic tetras, Molly's, cichlids, etc. So usually forced to at least drive to Minneapolis (bout hr away) to find what i'm after. Sucks lol

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
NGT never come in standard shipments around here in Northern California, I got one as a trade in at a lfs and the other I personally requested a shipment from a larger importer. If more than just my one came in with it then you're welcome to who ever got the other(s). My take is if you want an NGT you really gotta put in work unless you find it on Craigslist or the marketplace here. I actually almost bought a third but was beat to it..

IsdaFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Michigan
We have AT over here, but been looking for IT and NGT. I call every lfs in a 20mile radius say they don't have them or not on the list. AT over here are 29.99 for 2-4"

IsdaFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Michigan

Idk about that AT are always stable I have a 2" that seems to sulk and become very dark then washed out then back to stable. All in matter of 3mins.... Bipolar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store