Frontosa not good with Datnoids

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Friend of mine sold me his 10" frontosa for $60. At first, it was a billy, attacking my indo's. Then, after one night, I went downstairs to check situation, and found the frontosia's fins ripped off. Died two days later. Sucked, even tho only had $60 invested in fish. My buddy sold to me cause it was killing all his fish. So I put with my dats, and was killed in 4days. After 2days of being bullied by that frontosa, my dats ripped that cichlid apart. I hav never known dats attack a fish as a group. Anyone seen this behavior b4?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Xotesi

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2011
Fresno
Dats are evil
When they attack a fish they will destroy it
I had a IT that hated pbass
Wouldn't attack anything in the tank besides them
Had to sell it

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
They sure can become very dangerous, even with no teeth. Been feeding my dats for last yr with pellets...from tips of my fingers...scared the $hit (setting example to not b banned ;-) ) out of me when hit surface to grab pellets. Never expected them to take out one of the most viscous African cichlids...guess u live u learn :what:

I'm in process of setting up a 75g red devil tank tho...when my ex worked at a lfs, those devils tore **** up...not that Cool looking, but damn!!!!! They were worse than any black or red bellied I ever owned :D

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
I put a 4" argentae in my grow out tank with my 1-2" baby dats, for it to heal up, since it was really bullied in my main tank. Almost immediately my dats schooled up and started dive bombing it Needless to say had to move the argentae to another tank.

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Have have u guys ever observed dats fighting. U could literally hear biting or sucking noises. Im sure they can suck an eye out, Its crazy

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Have have u guys ever observed dats fighting. U could literally hear biting or sucking noises. Im sure they can suck an eye out, Its crazy

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
When they battle, it gets loud n roudy!!! That's no joke! Dats definitely got some snap to there bite!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store