indo vs indo

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
Ive just introduced a 5-6" indo that i rescued from a lfs into my tank, now my alpha indo already in the tank is dancing round next to it, and chasing it a little, i put this down to a dominance issue, but will this stop once the "im the boss" situation has been sorted out or what?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
ive 2 AT's who are also in the tank, and they know their place and who the boss is, they just keep out of the way with little issues really, just the odd chase now and again.....

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
If you rearrange any tank decor, there will no longer be a territory to protect. Then they will both start out as strangers in a strange land. That might stop the aggression, but everything I have read says have 3 or more Dats to keep the squables down. I guess you need to go get another. :)

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
They'll probably battle for awhile. I used to try rearranging decor, but eventually territorial problem come up again. Took my 4 indos bout a yr to settle down. They still fight from time to time, alot more peaceful than used to b. They'll work it out.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
They'll probably battle for awhile. I used to try rearranging decor, but eventually territorial problem come up again. Took my 4 indos bout a yr to settle down. They still fight from time to time, alot more peaceful than used to b. They'll work it out.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork

how much fighting is too much? i know theres bound to be bits of trouble but at what point do i need step in? its frustrating that they just can't "play nicely" :)

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Mine got to the point of almost ripping my hair out. They were fighting 24/7, normally one was main aggressor, not always largest one either. I've never had one beat up too the point of death. Alot of ruff up fins and body scrapes, so I always had melefix on hand to help healing and prevent infection to injuries. I think I was more stressed than the fish, it did get really bad for awhile, but after time, and adding another indo, fights became less extreme. U just hav the 2 rite now then?

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
I have 2 AT's that are approx 4.5" - 5" , then 3 INDO's 1@ 2" 1@-3.5" 1@6-7" and the new IT thats around 6"......

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
You'll most likely see them fighting for awhile. Might find some become so submissive that they just sit in corner or hide all time. Just as long as you can get them all to eat, you'll b good. Just keep an eye on injuries, and treat if necessary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store