Monster fish ? 30" plus?

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Okay here's the thing this is MFK you always see people with amazing fish but very rarely at monster size and most of us don't even have the accommodations to house monster fish so here's my question how many out there actually have fish 30" plus excluding catfish cause I've seen people grow redtails 30 inches in a 180 gallon tank so aside from catfish who has a fish 30 inches plus I don't want to see potential monster I want to see true monsters so if you have something that fits this description please post pics I'd love to see them as I'm sure others would

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
MANY PEOPLE HAVE 30+ INCH AROWANAS!!!...

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
I feel like this is the "dark side" of fish keeping. A vast majority of fish in the aquarium trade never make it to adulthood and as a result, very few true monsters. Even with big catfish, there are thousands imported every year and yet you hardly ever hear about any over 20 inches which is less than a year old. It is unfortunate for the fish but it is not going to change any time soon.
this is exactly what I mean that's why I'm curious if anyone actually has some fish this big ....and hungdang your comment is unnecessary and is just taking this thread way off topic it's unneeded I don't care what you catch or what you do if you don't have something to go along with the thread don't post I see what you do on alot of mfk threads and you just take threads off topic and I don't need it in my thread

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
First pic is my 18"+ royal clown knifefish before I sold him to make room for a new addition. Second pic is my tesselata moray "pravus" when he was a little over 2 foot. This is my favorite pic of him. You might reconize it from the POTM contest.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1353980789128.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353980880982.jpg

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
First pic is my 18"+ royal clown knifefish before I sold him to make room for a new addition. Second pic is my tesselata moray "pravus" when he was a little over 2 foot. This is my favorite pic of him. You might reconize it from the POTM contest.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Nice fish you have gorgeous I love the tesselata I had a royal ck exactly the same size of yours to but not really the monsters I'm hoping to see but nice fish none the less

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store