Dat ate dry food for the first time YAY

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Only one, but he choked most of it down. A Hikari Jumbo Carni Stick. No more stuff he wants for another month, gonna make him demand the pellets. He grabs the Massivore almost every feeding, but has never eaten one. He almost never gives these a try, but took it like a champ!:nilly:

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Awesome. Now just skip a day of feeding and try the pellets again. If you keep him hungry and keep feeding pellets, he will learn that they are food. Don't feed anything else until he accepts them readily.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
When doing this, how long do you allow them to go hungry before being concerned? Ive been trying to change my ITs diet but i think im a little timid about starving, how long can they go?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Depends on the size. If they're under 2", I fatten them up with shrimp for a couple of weeks and then you can starve them at least a week without a problem. Most I go is 10 days.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
When doing this, how long do you allow them to go hungry before being concerned? Ive been trying to change my ITs diet but i think im a little timid about starving, how long can they go?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
This try, only took a week. I have gone without feeding him for 3 weeks before I cave and feed him M&M's. He is more stubborn than I am. In the past 6 months, he has never been allowed to eat what he wants for more than a week without me starving him again.

skyliner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2012
Indonesia
Depends on the size. If they're under 2", I fatten them up with shrimp for a couple of weeks and then you can starve them at least a week without a problem. Most I go is 10 days.

is it wise to starve them for 1 week when they are still juvenile. Some people say that it could be health problem if u starve then when they're small. So, wait until certain size then u can starve them. Is that true?

I tried to starve them for 3 days, but I'm afraid they die bracuse of starvation. So I stop starving them

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am sure that they have gone without eating for a week in the collection and transportation process.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store