180 Gallon Stocklist, Is it overstocked?

Sneekit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Utah
So here is some info on the tank setup.

It is a standard 125 on the display setup, but it is plumbed with a sump. The sump is a 65 gallon tank, but with the plumb level I would say there are 55 gallons of water. So biologically, there are 180 gallons in the system. But dimension wise it's a 125 gallon tank.

Currently the stock includes:

6 x Blood Parrot
2 x Gold Saum
2 x Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
3 x Severum
1 x Rubber Lip Pleco

Now I understand the issues with the current stock levels, I plan on getting rid of some fish. I only increased their juvenile numbers to increase the chances of compatibility. I want my end population to look more like this.

6 x blood parrot
1 x gold saum
2 x EBJD
2 x Severum
1 x rubber lip pleco

Do you think this will work out in my setup?

As far as current aggression, both Gold Saums are 4" and leaving everything alone. They chase each other occasionally. I understand they will go nuts once they hit full maturity. The largest blood parrot is full grown at 8" and is a gentle giant. The other blood parrots range from 2"-5" and do not show any aggression. All fish are fed home-made fish food ( shrimp, spirulina, catfish, peas, garlic ) and all of the fish currently eat by hand.

The gold saum obviously is up in the air, he will be sent to another tank ( 75 gallon ) if he misbehaves at all.

I don't want this thread to be about whether blood parrots are an abomination to the fish world or not as they are hybrids.

So, thoughts? Suggestions? Go ahead, rip me to shreds.

Glasman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
Kentucky
Looks fine to me. Lucky you on the gentle Blood Parrots, mine is mean as hell. He is 4 inches and picks on my 8 inch Oscar.

Sneekit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Utah
Haha yeah my biggest parrot is so gentle it's a joke. When I was adding fish to the tank slowly there were a few disputes. My biggest parrot would literally swim between them and just stay there to break up the fights. My wife even pets him from time to time.

Picture for proof :D

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1354471170.871869.jpg

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Haha yeah my biggest parrot is so gentle it's a joke. When I was adding fish to the tank slowly there were a few disputes. My biggest parrot would literally swim between them and just stay there to break up the fights. My wife even pets him from time to time.

Picture for proof :D

LOL, AWESOME:)

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
I would add WAY more fish. Blood parrots are very nice fish.I have a breeding pair but the male isn't fertile. I also have a little BP in the same tank with them. I would just be careful about the gold suams beacause eletric blues are very mellow commpared to regulare jack depseys.

Sneekit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Utah
The saums are going in the tank underneath if they misbehave lol

Well if you think I can add more, any recommendations? I want nothing more aggressive than a mild gold saum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store