Small dats

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's actually a good question as I was always under the impression that they all grew to pretty much the same size if well cared for.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Think might b the AT, mine grew fast, but stopped at 12"...think I recall reading that was bout AT max size.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Really like current AT, Not nearly as timid/shy as Indos n NTT can b. Always stable, nice looking fish! Keep him separate from my IT's, since he was very aggressive towards them.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Really like current AT, Not nearly as timid/shy as Indos n NTT can b. Always stable, nice looking fish! Keep him separate from my IT's, since he was very aggressive towards them.

got a current pic of your 12" AT? :D

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
got a current pic of your 12" AT? :D
No current ones, tank not at my current home. It's in a 150g I share with a buddy of mine. will look thru my gallery tho, find latest pic I hav of it n post

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Not sure if peeps on here just not big on Polotas, or just uncommon in their area. They used to b 4sale readily in my area n on internet 2yrs ago, but not so much anymore. My buddy ordered 3 2" AT's from Aquascape (believe they a vendor on here on MFK) few yrs back. Last time I talked to him, said 2 died during a WC, do to cold water. N one he had left was growing extremely slow. But he was new to fish keeping.
Anyways, found a pic on my computer of my AT, looks to b bout 8-9 at time. Don't hav net, so see if can upload to my phone n post. It's a bada$$ fish IMO!

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
never see big at's here :/
I've got one that's about 8 or 9 inches and one about 6 or 7 inches, both are skinny because I just cant seem to break them to pellets. I starve them for weeks then have to fatten them for a few days with shrimp then starve again. I'll try to find some photos

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store