I'm bored and need help. Please!

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Well, I've been keeping fish for 3 years now and I really feel like I need to switch things up. I see everyone's tanks on here and they look so awesome, but mine can't compare. I wanna start over and get all new decorations and fish (except for my clown loaches). I have a 55 gallon tank and can't really decide what to do. I'm thinking of maybe going for smaller cichlids or a bunch of schooling fish. Any suggestions on specific fish and tank layouts?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Depends on your taste...for that size tank some smaller acaras would be good... Bujurquina, Krobia, etc...

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Depends on your taste...for that size tank some smaller acaras would be good... Bujurquina, Krobia, etc...
Hmmm never heard of those, I'll have to check them out. I really like most South American cichlids, but I dislike African cichlids.

I also really enjoy everything else. Plecos have always been a favorite of mine and so has most colorful dithers.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
In a 55? Clowns and rainbow fish is also a popular and colorful combo...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah that's true.

I'm really just trying to find something to rekindle my love of the hobby, something entertaining and fun to watch. My setup was just so boring, bland, and lacking colors that I've slowly lost interest over the last year.

I was planning on going bigger, but I've really realized I'm not ready for it and need to continue to grow my experience and love of the hobby before I take the next step.

Has anyone else experienced this where you just want to change everything because you can't take the same old same old anymore?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store