little dat with cloudy eyes

fickle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
ohio
I have 3 indo dats and 2 of the 3 have cloudy eyes and i cleaned the tank and i was wandering if there was anything else i could do for them its been going on for a few weeks now and i medicated them twice im starting to get worried

fickle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
ohio
thank you for the reply im doing it now

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
what's tank size and other fish if any? and what's your water change schedule? cloudy eyes when detected early can simply be resolved with water changes and reduced feeding. Keep that water clean.

fickle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
ohio
its 90 gal i have 3 dats under 4 inches a endelichiri bichir under 6 inches and 3 clown loaches and 4 tinfoil barbs under 5 inches i used to start the tank i clean the tank once a week

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
how much current is in the tank? if you dont have a powerhead, or water circulator in a 90 gallon, the water is too stagnant.... had the same problems with my dats, and when i added a water circulator it went away almost immediately ... this and keeping the water cleaner, upping the water change schedule, and adding aquarium salt should help clear it up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
What are your filtration and aeration like? How much water do you change weekly? Try changing 50% every 2-3 days, while cut feedings to no more than once a day. I bet the cloudiness will clear up in ~10 days.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If the eyes have been cloudy for a few weeks then the eyes could be pemanently damaged.Do the dats appear to be able to see,what are they eating if anything?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store