Datnoid diet

rich4297

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2012
NJ
I have a datnoid and it won't eat pellets. It is still only about 2.5" so I didn't want to starve it for to long. The most I went was 10 days and it showed no interest in pellets at all. It is mixed on with cichlids that gabble them down I thought that might help. Monkey see monkey do but not yet. Anyway the question is I can get it to eat frozen krill and bloodworms also live black worms it will eat feeders but I won't use them because they already introduced a parasite I think but I cleared that up. It also ignores frozen silversides. So is krill bloodworms and live black worms a suitable diet to beef it up or is there something else I should try. Also what type of day is this it was sold as "wild caught gold datnoid"ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1354663170.997637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
My datnoid loves chunks of tilapia. So to supplement that, I stuff massivore pellets into the center of the tilapia pieces and he gets them that way.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
St are reaaaaally reaaaally rare and super expensive. At are silver and ngt are yellow with not straight stripes more bushy. I thinks that's all of them.

I need to spark up my fish life

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Like everlastace, i have had success with talapia fillet given to 2 to 3inch dats. I take scissors and cut tiny pieces of talapia fillet. To add nutrients i will stuff a few hikari baby cichlidgold in the piece of talapia. The bloodworms, blackworms and krill that your using are solid foods and they love em. I use bloodworms and blackworms for about a week after bringing them home to get the baby dat some calories after usually starving in a pet store. This fills their bellies and preps them for a few day of fasting to get ready for bulkier foods. gd luck with him, fine looking indo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store