building a 500 gallon plywood tank

kherron666

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
florida
hi there

im kevin , im new to this sight and still playing with everthing , i wanted to share my project but im not done with my project as of 12/6/12 , but still working on it , i have a 125 fresh water tank , my fish are getting to big , some are over 12 inchs long , they need a bigger home , ok its not just them , i want them to have a bigger home too , lol if this 500 gallon tank works out , will be fresh water for first year , and if everthing cool and i did good job , will switch over to salt water , thats the main goal on this whole thing ... im building the tank and stand , everthing is made out of 3/4 plywood and 2x4 , i read alot about plywood builds , and mosty going by garfs web page on how to build them , i change few things to what i thought was for the best , i planned it out for while and dove in with a week pay , good luck to me lol anyway i started this around halloween 2012 let the fun start lol

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Awesome! Ive never seen a huge saltwater build on here but personally id rather see it stay freshwater;) Lets see some pics!!

kherron666

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
florida
cleaned out a space in living room for the start of building the stand , most of the cutting is out side , but building it inside, and working alone , beside my woman helping me and backing me up on this ,, this is my first real project working with power tools and building something , i push buttons at work , so its real change , and i was worry about doing this cause once you say fish tank and plywood in same sentence , people look at you like your a retard lol but what i got to to lose im white and broke and proud lol let the fun start ........

kherron666

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
florida
bottom of the stand , full sheet of 3/4 plywood , not cheap sanded pine 40 bucks a sheet , my stand has 2 full sheets on it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store