Completely Forgot... Need Help Quick

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Has this ever happened to you where you just completely forget? Like doing tests or acclimating? I feel so embarrassed... :(

My tank is a 20g and my question is when doing a water change, Let's say I take 3-4 inches of water out, How much salt do I add when putting new RO water in? It says add 1kg of salt per 25 litres of water. How much do I add if I want to take 3-4 inches out and add salt?
I'm horrible at maths.

I just completely forgot and I'm just so confused...

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
It is 1 kg per 30 litres.

You have to do the maths. We annot tell hou the litres you are taking out...

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Yes I do have a salinity tester. I now know that about 4 inches is about 10 litres. If it's 1kg per 30 litres how much for 10 litres? I wouldn't know where to start with doing the maths on this one.

bassfisher91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2012
New York
Yes I do have a salinity tester. I now know that about 4 inches is about 10 litres. If it's 1kg per 30 litres how much for 10 litres? I wouldn't know where to start with doing the maths on this one.

1kg for every 30 litres=1/3kg for every 10 litres

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Always mix the water in a separate container, test it, and then make any adjustments. Only when it is perfect should you add it to the tank.

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Always mix the water in a separate container, test it, and then make any adjustments. Only when it is perfect should you add it to the tank.
Thanks! I completely forgot about how when the salinity measures perfect in the salt RO water you add it into the tank. I feel like such a fool. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store