Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Dats would be slaughtered.

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
I have done this for 6 months.... ended up selling the Flowerhorn.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Got a 9" dat with some small cichlids at the mo including my one eyed horn and the dat is boss will keep a very close eye as all cichlids are under 6" and half the weight of him but so far so good. Doubt it will last though once they get full grown.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I tried them all, no matter how big, how small, how pretty or how ugly the flowerhorn is, it will still damage the datnoid

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Never tried with a dat-flowerhorn combo. But have with All types of Central American Cichlids. Some work better than most, but usually end up getting scratches on the Dat's side. Long term does not work with most cichlids. I have most success with dat-cichlid combo with my pair redhead rotkeil severums. In my opinion, if you can get the right cichlid type in there that keeps to themselves. It will help stabilize the indos immensely.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I do have a jumbo green severum in with the dats. Only cichlid, and he has to stay in the corner most of the time. ALso a 14" pacu, 11" endli, 5 dats, flagtail, long nose distichodis. Severum is at the bottom of the pile. The 2 angelfish are the true rulers of the tank. Someday that bichir will eat them I am sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store