Differences in Datnoids?

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Ok so what's the diifference? I think they all look the same and I see indos going rather cheap on the market place. Then a ST going for prices I consider outrageous. Just don't see the difference in any of them, think they all look ridiculously the same other than bar thickness

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Number of stripes. Pattern

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Take some time and look at some of the stickies at the top of the page...I'm not going to into the differences with the wealth of info provided there.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Ok I'm just saying I don't think the number of stripes should make a $500 difference in the price of a fish... Is it more rare or something I don't see the craze. I'll go through and read the stickies but I still just dont get it, or get why people would pay more for a fish cause it has a couple more stripes.

shortempermj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2011
Los Angeles
if u do ur homework u urself will be Able to answer ur questions and if u still don't get it maybe u just are not for datnoids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I like them don't get me wrong but I would never in my life pay $500+ for one I think that is absolutely ridiculous. What makes a certain type more valuable is basically all I am wondering. And those stickies do not tell me this...

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Not everyone likes them..... And not everyone likes any particular fish. That's why we have so many to choose from. :headbang2

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Yeah I'm not trying to make anyone mad I'm just curious. I've been looking into getting one for my 220 and I just dot understand why certain types cost hundreds of dollars
more...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I see where you are coming from now. About the only one that will cost you hundreds if dollars is the pulcher and that is mainly due to it's rarity,stableness,and temperament.You can get yourself a good looking indo relatively cheap but it may hide for a very long time before it gets comfortable enough to come out and move about the tank.You could even pay a pittance for an info that may never color up but it may be one of the most outgoing fish in your tank.With the big money pulchers these issues are rarely a problem.The beauty of the two species is their stripes and pulchers show them very well...Hope this helps.

shortempermj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2011
Los Angeles
+1
so to make it simple
st/ct = stable 100%
stable = color in pictures/posters you see

it = 50% chance stable but cheaper
ngt = 75% chance stable but aggressive.