Questions about switching to aggressive tank.

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
Alright so I had a big incident with the hurricane and my tank basically went to crap. So I want to take a different approach and just go aggressive fish. The fish I am picking up this week is a Fu Man Chu lionfish. Now my question to you is what else could go with these fish? I was looking into a snowflake eel and some sort of puffer. any suggestions?

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
What size tank? snowflakes and other smaller and pebbletooth eels are ok tankmates if you want an eel. I would avoid aggressive fish like triggers and angels as tankmates for relatively passive fish like your lionfish

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
Alright so I had a big incident with the hurricane and my tank basically went to crap. So I want to take a different approach and just go aggressive fish. The fish I am picking up this week is a Fu Man Chu lionfish. Now my question to you is what else could go with these fish? I was looking into a snowflake eel and some sort of puffer. any suggestions?
The main rule of thumb for Fu Manchus is that they can go with fish that they won't eat, and that won't eat it :)

A snowflake eel should go great with one.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krausch

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
wisconsin
For the size tank, I would recommend a harlequin tusk fish. They will go great in any sort of aggressive tank and ate very colorful.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store