Maxi-mini carpet anenome

ceejayt2k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Hello,
Anyone have any information about maxi-mini carpet anenomes? I want to purchase some but cant find any decent information on the web in terms of hardiness, aggressiveness, and basic care. I understand they walk around the tank but want to know how aggressive they can be, and will they affect my other corals? I have star polyps, mushrooms, richordias, and kenya trees. Thank you in advance.

CeeJay

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Strange to see this question twice in one day - I own a 2ft Large carpet - care is basically the same. T5HO or LED lighting, MH's with caution, keep them as low as possible with MH. They basically eat the same food mixes we feed our fish - Mysis, Krill, Chopped up crustaceans etc..., and a bi-weekly silverside chuck or 2. Yes so far, they are hardy. Much less aggressive than their larger cousin towards hard corals with less of a damaging sting - softies are a non-issue as I've got shrooms growin all but on the carpet. And NO they shouldn't be walkin' around they should be stationary within the rockwork but you can colonize or group them which is pretty cool til' now aquarium safe anemone clusters usually only formed thru budding and that's pretty much unpredictable. As for is this a good beginner anemone I'd have to say the BTA's are less demanding but carpets are by far easier to care for than Sebaes and LTA's. Hosting wise they don't do clowns - anemone crabs and shrimp.

ceejayt2k

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2007
Bay Area, CA
thanks Otherone. great information. I had no luck what so ever with anenomes, they seem to die on me with in a couple months. I thought they were a mushrooms initially and wanted to get one but decided to research first. Thanks for the information!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store