Ball Python ID

Badidea04

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2010
Michigan
I recently rescued a female supposed to be normal ball python. And a male supposed to be pastel ball python. I would just like to get some thoughts and opinions on what you guys think? The first two pictures are the female, and the last picture is the male. DSC_0673.JPGDSC_0672.JPGDSC_0677.JPG

DSC_0673.JPG

DSC_0672.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
Both look normal to me as well, however some pastels can brown out enough to resemble a normal...there seems to be alot of blushing on that male for a normal.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Both nominal.

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
+1 izzy
The female is a normal. The male does not look it to me. If you look at the blushing on the bands(near the spine) that doesnt look like a normal pattern. Pastels rarely hold their bright colors to adulthood. Once they reach a certain size most colors or patterns will fade or change slightly. It could be pastel but there are a few other morphs like look pretty close making it hard to positive ID from a photo. Only real way is to breed it and prove out the genetics, but its not normal

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
I truly doubt bob clark would send give me a pastel instead of a normal. Mine looks identical.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Not all pastels look alike, just as not all normals look alike. Some normals have enough blushing so as to appear almost pastel, some pastels are so brown they almost appear normal. The fact that your snake came from Bob Clark explains why it might have exceptional blushing for a normal...but the snake in question didn't come from Bob Clark. To compare the two is like comparing apples & oranges, only very select strains of normal BPs would have that much blushing. However browned out pastels are a dime a dozen.

Only real way is to breed it and prove out the genetics, but its not normal
+1 shenanigans

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
^ how do you know where it came from? In any case, it looks normal to me, but i do agree there is a small possibility it is a pastel. Breed them and find out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store