Patrick's 75 Gallon

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
I have had it setup since October. I bought it in May off of Craigslist, but had to save up all summer :( :(

Finally I am ready to share with y'all at MFK. I have a thread on AC about it already.

I currently have a firefish, foxface, a maroon clownfish, two mosquitofish (from my mom's pond, and I drip acclimated them for 8.5 hours) two 2 1/2" white spotted hermit crabs, a coral banded shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp. I also have some smaller hermits and assorted snails.

I am running an AC110, a marineland bio wheel 400, and a coralife super skimmer 125. I have about 50lbs of LR, and am adding more dry after the LFS. I am using 2 1300GPH powerheads. For lighting I am using a reef capable fixture off of eBay. It has 48 10K 3w LED's and 16 actinic 3w LED's. It is VERY bright :) (I got the LED's for Christmas)ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478122.915991.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478136.112349.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478169.989745.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478202.194966.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478259.934019.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478278.598599.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478336.762853.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478348.466926.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478362.380214.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1356478400.322843.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
Looks great, like that foxface...any planned future additions?
Corals! :) I'm probably going to get some easy ones like mushrooms or a Kenya tree later this week. I wouldn't mind getting a starfish. A sump or a refugium is also a goal.

Since I was able to acclimate mosquitofish, I think I'll get some mollies.

My mom wants an anemone... I was suggesting that she buys (I'm not paying for it!) a condylactus anemone.

I think I want to get rid of the two white spotted hermits, they are crazy! They run around on the rocks and chase each other around... Not exactly coral friendly. My brother bought them, and he doesn't want me to take them back...Any suggestions?

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Corals! :) I'm probably going to get some easy ones like mushrooms or a Kenya tree later this week. I wouldn't mind getting a starfish. A sump or a refugium is also a goal.

Since I was able to acclimate mosquitofish, I think I'll get some mollies.

My mom wants an anemone... I was suggesting that she buys (I'm not paying for it!) a condylactus anemone.

I think I want to get rid of the two white spotted hermits, they are crazy! They run around on the rocks and chase each other around... Not exactly coral friendly. My brother bought them, and he doesn't want me to take them back...Any suggestions?

How old is your brother? Younger or older?
Are the hermits doing any physical damage or do you just not like them? If they aren't doing any damage or harming anything I would suggest leave them alone. These guys can be a pita to catch especially in a tank that big. Imo just leave em.

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
How old is your brother? Younger or older?
Are the hermits doing any physical damage or do you just not like them? If they aren't doing any damage or harming anything I would suggest leave them alone. These guys can be a pita to catch especially in a tank that big. Imo just leave em.
He's 11, i'm 13...

I am afraid that they would knock over corals. I don't they would be too hard to catch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
I wish the clown would hide more when I do maintenance... It loves to bite me.

The reason there's no background is because there's about a foot between the tank and the wall where I can get back there and watch.

Addikted2Cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Northern Italy
I wouldn't get mollies.. Why get $1.99 fish that you could have in a 10 gallon fresh tank in a SW tank? I've never seen the point. To each their own I guess. I would use the extra space for a few more chromis or something.. If you want mollies that bad I would just by a 10G FW tank.. Everything think else looks good though.

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
I wouldn't get mollies.. Why get $1.99 fish that you could have in a 10 gallon fresh tank in a SW tank? I've never seen the point. To each their own I guess. I would use the extra space for a few more chromis or something.. If you want mollies that bad I would just by a 10G FW tank.. Everything think else looks good though.
I like their color's and they are peaceful. I actually have one in my 10 gallon with mosquitofish. Chromis were on my list of fish to get.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Looks good so far - Mom might like a rose BTA for the anemone - condy's can be more difficult and might eat that fire fish, also might damage corals with it's long tentacles. Probably a stupid suggestion cause you already know - a lot of star fish eat corals try - Blue Linckias, Serpent stars, sand sifting stars, + bristle stars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store