Which would be a good one to mix in my 1000 gal with a 28" asain aro

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
-FLG (Florida gar) or TPG (tropical gar) would be solid, hardy species to keep. however, TPG can be aggressive when larger, but it also depends on the temperament of your Asian arow...we can't keep those here in the US, but their cousins, the leichardtii and jardini don't get along well with gars. an aggressive gar could shred up an Asian arow pretty badly too; all things to consider when mixing the two types of fishes. also make sure that if you try the combo the fish are of similar size. good luck--
--solomon

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i may can the idea as my aro is 28 inch so getting a FG close to that size will be hard to find

it was just an idea

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
I have a Gator gar and a Jardini in one of my tanks. and They got along for a bit but now the Gar is getting diesel and is showing the Aro whos boss. I wouldn't risk it.

domingos.44

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
cambridge on
Yea flordia gar or spotted gar would be ok but not a gator gar i recently had to remove my gator gar as he reached 20 inch in less then a year and began pecking at my 27 inch aro after chewing the head off of a 15 inch clown knife

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
florida would be your best bet. you could maybe get a large longnose and have success. of all my gars the only ones i have not had an aro with are my tropicals. i have had mulitipule aros with all the others. my cuban was smaller during the mix, but it was working. ill have to see how things go for myself, but i can speak first hand of the aggresstion of large tropicals.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store