My Current 125 FOWLR and future plans ! PIC HEAVY

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
CURRENT

Ok so, ive made the switch tanks been cycled, ive dropped a few fish in. Changed my filtering done a few rock re arranges and this is what I have

a 125 FOWLR tank. I have 2 emperor 400s running, with carbon and chemi pure. T8 4 foot 2 bulb lighting (crappy but what ever) One water movement fan (hydra 1050 or something)

When I first set the tank up I had 50 lbs of dead rock and 10 of live. One week in I added 5 lbs of live rock and 30 of dead rock. Then I added 15 lbs of live again. For a grand total of 110 lbs of rock. That will soon all be "live rock" or 30 of "live" and 80 of "reborn live rock"

For stock I have 2 mexican turbo snails, 1 Decorator Crab (4 inches), Niger Trigger (4 inches), Sergent major (2 inches), Gold Stripe Maroon clow (2 inches)

All are eating 2mm sinking pellets ! Oh yeah !

WHAT I PLAN ON GETTING

A hang on back skimmer within the next month. (yeah yeah skimmers bla bla, you can run a tank for a year without them, ive done it.)
A fox face
MAYBE a puffer
Flame angle
Maybe some smaller schooling fish who knows.
T5 lighting so I can get some basic corals and anomes.

then this summer, A 300 gallon with overflows and sump. Everything will be transferd into that and oh god will that be epic ! But alas some pictures !

London-20121223-00865.jpg

London-20121223-00864.jpg

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
"(yeah yeah skimmers bla bla, you can run a tank for a year without them, ive done it.) " - your activated carbon does the same thing save add O2. Skimmers are easier to use as you don't need to replace it every 30 days nor add trace elements back into the tank weekly. Tank looks good and clean - a lil' cyano on the aragonite but that's kinda normal.

Since you don't have the 300 yet maybe consider a drilled system - gives you the ability to get a larger volume main pump, your sump becomes your overflow, no hassle of adjusting and replacing overflow tubes + more room in the sump for other stuff.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
"(yeah yeah skimmers bla bla, you can run a tank for a year without them, ive done it.) " - your activated carbon does the same thing save add O2. Skimmers are easier to use as you don't need to replace it every 30 days nor add trace elements back into the tank weekly. Tank looks good and clean - a lil' cyano on the aragonite but that's kinda normal.

Since you don't have the 300 yet maybe consider a drilled system - gives you the ability to get a larger volume main pump, your sump becomes your overflow, no hassle of adjusting and replacing overflow tubes + more room in the sump for other stuff.

Thanks ! Yea my 300 will be drilled with over flows... That is forsure ! I wouldnt want to run a system that large without a big sump under it.

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
both were 30 bucks ! Pretty good deal around here they are both usually 50
That is a pretty good deal! Around here clowns like that would be 40, I got my basic maroon for $28. The Niger triggers are usually really small and $20 or large and $3-

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
Very happy my Gold stripe maroon clown is finally settling in... Cruising around at the water surface but still finally not hiding in a corner... ate a little yesterday too ! Finally getting settled it seems ! Cant wait till he gets mean and starts trying to bite me hahaha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store